Friday, June 12, 2009

"PJ Painting Bruno" by Blaise Smith


A couple of weeks ago at life drawing Blaise Smith, included me in the background of his drawing of our young model, Bruno.
I was painting away very intently in my dungarees, and luckily I had no idea that Blaise was drawing me or I might have become a bit self-conscious.
As well as doing a lovely figure drawing, I think he captured my concentration very well in just a few strokes.
It's also really interesting to see two renditions of the same model from different angles, each tackled in a very different way.

2 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

Very nice! I never saw anyone include another artist in their life drawings before; I like it.

One of the things I enjoyed best about life drawing classes was seeing everyone's together afterwards, the different styles and takes.

PJ Lynch said...

Thanks Susan,
There's at least one other very nice picture that includes me in the background. I'll post it if I can get hold of it.
At other life classes I've been to it's almost considered bad form to look at other people's work, but happily at the session I go to now, there's a great deal of discussion about techniques and approaches.
All the best
PJ