Wednesday, November 4, 2009

PJ Talks

I am delighted to be taking part in a very cool event called Offset 2009 here in Dublin this weekend.
I'm afraid the whole thing is already booked out, which is a tribute to the organizational abilities of the organizers, including my pal BrenB.

However, I will also be giving a lecture entitled Illustration: The Cinderella Artform at The National Print Museum in Dublin, on Thursday 3rd December 2009. Admission is free.

Here's the blurb.

"Making use of historical and contemporary examples of Artist/Illustrators as diverse as Michelangelo and Leonardo, and Picasso and Bono, Irish illustrator PJ Lynch will explore the changing definitions of Art and Illustration, and will discuss why the distinction between 'fine art' and 'commercial art' seems to be so crucial in the 21st century."

2 comments:

James Gurney said...

I wish we could hear your talk on the Cinderella Artform! Yes, we're the folks that are never brought to the ball, but we sweep the stairs and stare at our pumpkin and mice, always dreaming...

PJ Lynch said...

Thanks Jim,
I am writing the text now. I will try to podcast the lecture if it's any good.
All the best
PJ